Monday, July 29, 2013

Truly Grateful


I don't show nearly enough masculine cards here on my blog, so it's high time that I did.  This card uses the brand new set Truly Grateful, from the Holiday Catalog (which will be available starting August 1).  There are some beautiful images in this stamp set, but the wood slice that you see above is the reason that I got this set.  I love anything woodsy, so I just had to have this.  On a side note, I'm totally a woodsy/camping girl...I would much prefer to go camping in the mountains/woods than to go to the beach.  I know I'm completely in the minority on that one, but I grew up living in the woods and I guess no matter what, I'm always drawn back there.  Although if someone wanted to send me on a free beach vacation, I would not turn it down!

Anyway, back to this card.  I love using the Woodgrain embossing folder with this stamp...the more woodgrain, the better!  I lightly sanded a piece of Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock and clear embossed the sentiment on it.  Oh, and there's one little wood slice that I cut out and popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional.  I just love all the browns and the woodgrains together. 

So what about you?  Mountains/woods or beach?

Stamps:  Truly Grateful
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso (Core'dinations) card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Woodgrain embossing folder, sanding block, linen thread, paper snips, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This card is amazing April and I am right there with you in prefering the woods vs. the beach.

    ReplyDelete