Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oh, Hello


Oh, Hello is a set that I just haven't used enough.  I've been wanting to make a card using the In-Color color combination of Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding, and I just thought this set worked well with those colors.  While this card looks simple, I will make the disclaimer that there was a bit of work that went into it.  Not hard work, mind you, just a little time consuming.  To get the arrow stripe up the side, I got out my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure the arrows were perfectly aligned.  Then I stamped the other "arrow" stamp in each of the three colors, and cut out each of the pieces in order to glue them down in the alternating pattern.  The oval chevron image fits perfectly into the third smallest of the Ovals Collection Framelits, which makes cutting that out super easy.  Then I cut the flower out with my paper snips.  Don't look too closely...I didn't do that great of a job!  I've gotten so spoiled by using Framelits to cut everything out!  I'm not sure about the flower there...what do you think?  Should it stay, or should I have left it off?

Stamps:  Oh, Hello
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding
Paper:  Naturals White card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Ovals Collection Framelits, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Snips, Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

Post a Comment