Friday, July 12, 2013

Create A Cupcake

I mentioned the other day that I've been in a stamping slump lately.  I think this happens to everyone once in a while, no matter how creative a person they are.  One of the ways I like to break out of this slump is by looking for inspiration in different places.  In this case, I played with a new color combination.  I like to leaf through the catalog or waste spend time on Pinterest looking for new color combinations (you can follow my stamping board here...there's lots of inspiration and I'm always pinning more!)

Anyway, this color combo came from Pinterest, and I really love how these colors work together.  I can't even tell you how much I'm loving Crushed Curry with Island Indigo.  You'll be seeing this pairing again soon!  I also used an old Mojo Monday sketch to really help me dig out of the slump I've been in.  I don't sew on my cards much (mostly due to laziness...I have to get out of my stamping chair plus it means I have to change the needle on my sewing machine.  I know, how lazy can one person be???)  But I decided to sew on this one, and I love the frame it creates.  Another detail that I really like on this card is the sparkly frosting on the cupcake.  It doesn't show up that well in the picture above, but hopefully you can see it in the one below.  The little heart is also pretty cute, if I do say so myself. :)
Stamps:  Create A Cupcake
Ink:  Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, and Sahara Sand Classic Ink Pads
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories:  Paper-Piercing mat, too, and pack, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Heat Tool,  Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Big Shot, Old Olive Taffeta ribbon (retired),  Cupcake Builder punch, 1 3/4" circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment