Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mini Mosaic Madness


Warning:  I've been playing with the Mosaic Madness stamp set a LOT and will likely have a week's worth of Mosaic Madness posts.  If you don't love this set as much as I do, please be patient. :)

I am in love with this color combination.  I've had scraps of these colors on my desk for the past week, just waiting for the right project to use them.  I was struggling to come up with a card for stamp club, and just decided to use this combination with Mosaic Madness.  I think the richness of these colors goes perfectly with this set.  Although I'm hard pressed to find a color combination that doesn't work well this this set.  I may have mentioned once or a hundred times before that I love this set. 

I did use some retired ribbon on this card, but that's easily replaced with a strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock.  I'd probably add some paper-piercing or crumple it up, just to give it some texture.  I'm all about the layers of texture on my cards.  It's what takes a card from good to great.  I also used some rhinestones on this one.  Do you ever have certain color combinations that you just KNOW need a rhinestone and not a pearl?  Or am I the only one and this just confirms what a weirdo I am?  Don't answer that.  These rich colors screamed rhinestone to me, and I love the dazzle it adds to this card.  And speaking of rich colors, I think I've gotten over my resentment toward Crushed Curry for replacing my beloved More Mustard.  I still miss More Mustard, but I really, really do love the fresh look of Crushed Curry.  I guess there is room in my heart for both colors. 

Stamps:  Mosaic Madness, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, and Garden Green Classic Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper:  Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Mosaic Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment