Monday, October 27, 2014
I randomly stamped the snowflakes in white, and to give them a little bit of sparkle, I added some silver Dazzling Details. Rhinestones look even more amazing, but since I was trying to keep the cost of the card down, I went with the more economical DD. I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake on Naturals White card stock, and then added a beautiful bow made of Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon. Don't forget to round the corners of the card to add a fun detail. So simple, and so pretty!
Stamps: Endless Wishes
Ink: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Paper: Crumb Cake, Naturals White
Accessories: Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Silver Dazzling Details
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Fortunately, I did find one card sitting in my draft folder, and today is a good day to share this one. I love interactive cards, and this is a really fun and unique one. It's definitely an unconventional way to use the Daydream Medallions stamp set and the coordinating Floral Frames Framelits.
- To make this fun closure on your card, it's important to score your card so that it has two flaps in the front. I scored a strip of 4 1/4" x 11" at the 3" and 8 1/2" marks, then folded the flaps in.
- For the flower part, stamp three different sizes from Daydream Medallions, then cut the outside shape of each layer.
- It helps to distress the edges of the flower layers, so be sure to do this step next, whether using the distressing tool, scissors, or just your fingernail. Don't decide to wait until later to do this part...it is much easier to do it now!
- After distressing, go ahead and cut out the center of the largest flower, using the same Framelit used to cut the outside of the middle flower. This allows the two layers to fit together perfectly.
- To finish, adhere the two smallest layers together, then attach to the right side of the card. Center over the seam, and only adhere the right half of the flowers to the right flap of the card. Adhere the left half of the largest flower to the left flap. Be very careful not to let your adhesive go outside of these areas, or the card will end up being glued shut.
- Embellish with a button and ribbon. I also added leaves using Flower Patch and the Flower Fair Framelits. I did have to snip off the ends, so don't be afraid to do that if necessary. I also recommend playing with the placement of the leaves to be sure it looks good behind two layers and three layers. Depending on whether the card is open or closed, you'll be looking at it with both combinations.
Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Flower Patch
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, and Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Big Shot, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Floral Frames and Flower Fair Framelits, Stamp-a-ma-jig