Friday, July 26, 2013

How Not to Make a Card

I can't even believe I'm showing this card for the world to see.  At first glance, it looks OK, right?  Yeah, not so fast.  I made one huge mistake, so let's consider this post a public service announcement of sorts.  Don't use glue under taffeta ribbon.  If you didn't notice before, I'm sure that you can now see the line of glue under the ribbon on this card.  Um, whoops.  Here's the best part...the only reason I put the ribbon there was to cover up the tops of the striped banners that were sticking out from behind the green card stock. A mistake on top of a mistake.  Nice.

Speaking of green card stock, don't get too attached.  This card is full of retired product, including that Mellow Moss card stock and the Outlaw DSP.  It's time for me to start using up my stash, and this DSP seemed like a good choice for a masculine card that I needed in a hurry (which is also why I didn't fix the ribbon/glue fiasco.)

So there you go...not the world's most beautiful card, but a functional and easy layout that I hope you'll try on your own.  Just don't use glue and taffeta ribbon.

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Outlaw DSP (retired), Mellow Moss (retired), Chocolate Chip, and Naturals Ivory card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Window Frames Framelits, Paper-Piercing tool, mat, and Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Bitty Banners Framelits, taffeta ribbon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment