Wednesday, July 10, 2013

{CASE} Simple Butterfly


I tend to be fairly original in my card designs, but every now and then I just need to CASE another person's work.  Some people do this all the time, and that's totally fine!  There is absolutely NO shame in CASEing a card...because much of the time, we add our own original touches to the design.  But even if that's not the case, it's the creating that counts, not whether or not the design in original to you (although it's always good to give credit to the original artist!)

When I saw this card by Mary Fish, I just loved the simple, clean lines of it.  I've been in a bit of a stamping slump lately, so I knew this was a great card to CASE.   As you can see, I've just changed up the papers and the sentiment, but pretty much kept everything else the same.  I do love her clean and simple designs, which is what attracted me to this card.  I think the paper-piercing is my favorite part!

How about you?  Do you like to come up with original designs, or do you prefer to CASE?

Stamps:  Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker
Paper:  Summer Starfruit, Naturals Ivory, and Soft Suede card stock, Comfort Cafe DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Neutrals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Paper Piercing tool, mat, and pack, Elegant Butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment