Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More Christmas

I have lots of Christmas cards to show you over the next few days.  I guess hanging out in my cool basement and thinking of December helps deal with the heat and humidity outside.  This card uses the new set, Ornament Keepsakes.  I was so happy to see this set in the Holiday Catalog, because my favorite ornament set retired in May.  This one is very similar, only better, because there are a lot more stamps, in a lot more sizes!  And there is a coordinating set of Framelits, so you know I love that!  If you look closely, though, you can see that I need a little more practice using them. :)  Oops!  Actually, after making this card, I realized that by putting a bit of removable adhesive (I used Dotto, which retired) on the card stock, the Framelit will stay in place, and it does a much better job of perfectly cutting out the stamped image.

There are only three colors here:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and a tiny little piece of Crumb Cake.  I used a new embossing folder, plus the new Core'dinations card stock, then sanded it.  The ornament is embossed with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, and hung with a piece of linen thread.  And then I went crazy with my new favorite finishing touch:  Champagne Shimmer Paint.  I know, it's not a new product, but believe it or not, I've never used it.  I decided to open my brand new bottle and go to town.  Everything is covered in it, and it is so pretty!  I think I avoided it because I thought it would be too gold.  Nope!  It's absolutely gorgeous, and adds such a pretty, yet subtle effect.  I kind of wish I hadn't waited so long to use it!

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, Tiny Tags
Ink:  VersaMark, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake Classic Ink, Champagne Shimmer Paint
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Crochet Lace, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Big Shot, Lacy Brocade embossing Folder, linen thread, Jewelry Tag punch, sponge daubers, sanding block, paper piercing tool

No comments:

Post a Comment