Friday, August 10, 2012

Corny

Q:  What did the corn say when he was complimented? 
A:  Aw, shucks!

It's a corny corn joke, get it? :)  I know, it's hard to control the eye rolling at this point, isn't it?  But I just had to do it.  I mean, if I'm going to show you a corn card, how could I not include a corny joke?  OK, enough already!

I think I could make cards all day long only using the Orchard Harvest DSP and Perfectly Preserved.  I {heart} this combination of products!  I especially love the Indian corn on the DSP, so I used my markers to color the individual kernels of corn on the stamp.  I stamped the husk on Lucky Limeade card stock and clear embossed it.  It pops out a little bit more, and I love the look.  The Indian corn makes me think of my Grandma, who grew it once and gave me a little arrangement of three cobs.  Whenever I pull them out in the fall, I think of her.  :)

Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink:  More Mustard and Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Markers, VersaMark
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Cajun Craze, and Very Vanilla card stock, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, More Mustard 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Linen Thread, button (this one is retired, but Neutrals or Regals Designer Buttons would work, too!), Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment