Monday, August 27, 2012

An Apple for the Teacher

I FINALLY have a new card to share!  Better late than never, right?  Today is the first day of school for a lot of people, including us.  So in honor of the first day, I thought an apple card would be appropriate.

Not surprisingly, I used the Woodgrain embossing folder on this...I can't get enough of this folder, especially now that I have some of the Core'dinations card stock in Early Espresso.  I LOVE how this looks after lightly sanding the top layer.  In addition to the rest of my new staples, Orchard Harvest DSP and the Perfectly Preserved stamp set, I got out the Two Tags Die for my Big Shot.  The longer tag pairs so nicely with the scallop circle punch.

Our first day went reasonably well.  I love homeschooling my kids, but there are days when the drama is just. too. much.  We had a bit of that, but I've been preparing my 5th grader that this was a big year for her, and yes, the work would be harder.  I think that helped.  Hopefully it just gets better from here!

Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, More Mustard, Early Espresso, and Lucky Limeade markers
Paper:  More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade, and Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Two Tags Bigz Die, Big Shot, Scallop Circle punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Bitty Banners Framelits, Woodgrain embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment