Monday, March 3, 2014

Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration Sweet Sorbet

I had intended to post this on Friday, which would have made for an entire week of Sweet Sorbet cards.  Oh well, it's here today. 

Tips & Tricks

  • This card uses one of my favorite layouts.  It's kind of my go-to when I can't think of anything else.  I highly recommend that everyone has a layout that they can rely on when the creative juices just aren't flowing.  Sketch it out, or print a copy of a sketch you've seen online, and keep it handy for times when you need it!
  • Since the background of this card uses such a busy pattern, I made sure the next layer of patterned paper was much more subdued.  
  • Do you have the new tag topper punches from the Occasions catalog yet?  I love them!  It's so fun to make a tag any size I want.  If they aren't already on your wish list, you may want to consider adding one of them to it!  I used a sponge and some Pool Party ink to soften up the edges of the scallop tag on this card.  

Supplies

Stamps:  Oh Hello
Ink:  Basic Gray and Pool Party
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, and Pool Party card stock, Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, and Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment