Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Stampin' Up! Angled Tag Topper Punch


I'm not quite sure where to start with this card, because I'm not quite sure what it is.  There is a LOT going on here.  It's one of those cards that never started as a plan in my head (most do), and I just kind of sat down and started using some new things.  All that to say, the jury's still out on this one...I'm just not sure what I think.  But I do love the colors!

Tips & Tricks

  • If you're stumped for a good color combination, start with an element that picks the colors for you, such as the Retro Fresh Washi Tape I used here (Designer Series Paper will also do the trick!) I only had to look to the tape to know that I needed to pull out Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango and Coastal Cabana. (When I say Coastal Cabana, I start singing "Copacabana" in my head.  Does this happen to anyone else?  No?  OK, what can I say?  I grew up listening to Barry Manilow, and I'll admit, I still like him.  Although I do prefer the younger, less plastic version of him.)
  • The Angled Tag Topper Punch...you just need this.  That is my tip.  :)  No, really...this looks like it wraps around the Very Vanilla card stock, but I really just punched two tags.  So easy!


Supplies

Stamps:  Yippee-Skippee, Gorgeous Grunge, Map it Out
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, and Tangerine Tango 
Paper:  Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, and Tangerine Tango 
Accessories:  Big Shot, Word Bubbles Framelits, Label Card Thinlits, Angled Tag Topper Punch, Linen Thread, Retro Fresh Designer Washi Tape

And you really need to listen to this (but really just the first 3 1/2 minutes).  You'll thank me every time you pull out Coastal Cabana. :)

Now I can't stop...here's a bonus, my favorite. :) 

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I love the busy-ness of this card. Arrows are my new favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete