Friday, March 14, 2014

Retro Fresh Praying for You Card

A few weeks ago I mentioned that each week I wanted to make a card and send it to someone different each week.  I've only done this twice, but each time, the recipient told me how much it meant to them.  That's not why I do it, but it's a good reminder that something as simple as sending a card makes a difference.  It's easy to make lots of pretty cards and just let them accumulate.  What's the point in that?  More than ever, I'm encouraged to make sure I use my cards to bless others. 

This is one of those cards that's going to someone who has been going through a really rough time lately.  I'm hoping that receiving this card will be an encouragement.  It's always nice to know that someone is praying for you!

Tips & Tricks
  • I love this Coastal Cabana Stretch Ruffle Trim.  But I wouldn't recommend using SNAIL to adhere it.  Be sure to use our Tombo Multipurpose Glue or Sticky Strip.
  • You may notice the paper-piercing on the Praying for You element.  I had to eyeball the poking, which just made me appreciate all the different templates that Stampin' Up! does have (I really wish there was one for the Deco Labels Framelits!)  They are quite inexpensive and I highly recommend getting them if you haven't already!
Supplies

Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  VersaMark, Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Soft Suede and Very Vanilla card stock, Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Coastal Cabana Stretch Ruffle Trim, Big Shot, Deco Labels Framelits, Pearls Basic Jewels, Heat Tool, Winter White embossing powder (retired), Paper-Piercing Tool and Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment