Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just Sayin' Sweet Sorbet Card {Sale-a-Bration}

Can you tell I've been on a Sweet Sorbet kick lately?  This polka dot design is definitely my favorite.  My kids loved it too...there were gasps of delight when I pulled this piece out of the package.  They must get their great taste from their mom.  Ha!

I haven't played with the Just Sayin'/Word Bubbles bundle nearly enough, and I knew this paper was perfect to pair with those products!  I also wanted to use Summer Starfruit.  That's a color that seems to evoke strong feelings from people, one of those that you either love or hate.  I happen to really like it, and will be sad to see it retire in a few months.  But I will say that I don't think there are a lot of colors that look great with it.  That's one reason that the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper is so great...they color matching has been done for you!  And I happen to think that Pool Party and Basic Black are two of the best colors to use with Summer Starfruit.  Thanks for doing the hard work for us, Stampin' Up!

Supplies

Stamps:  Just Sayin'
Ink:  Summer Starfruit and Pool Party Stampin' Write Markers
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet DSP, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Word Bubbles Framelits, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder

For what it's worth, Summer Starfruit also looks great with Midnight Muse, which will also be retiring May 31.  Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, and Primrose Petals will retire with them.  It's sad, I know.  But don't sit around crying about it, though...let me know if you'd like to stock up before they're no longer available!

No comments:

Post a Comment