Monday, March 10, 2014

Sweet Sorbet Angled Tag Card

Happy Monday!  After being sick (again) all last week, I'm starting this week with some optimism.  Although it's a jam-packed week, so by Friday I may not be feeling quite so optimistic!

This is a bright fun card that makes me think of spring, which hopefully, is right around the corner.  This winter has been great, with more snow than I've ever seen since I've lived in Pennsylvania.  But it's time for spring, and hopefully the forecast is right and we'll have a few days of spring-like weather this week!

Tips & Tricks
  • I love texture on a card.  To me, this is the best and easiest way to add interest to a card.  Not only do I have several layers here, but each one has a different texture, which I achieved by scoring, embossing, and stamping.  The little pearls in the middle of each punched out flower also add texture and depth.
  • To add some texture to the piece of Pool Party card stock, I used my Simply Scored scoring tool and scored at every groove.  It sort of reminded me of the dry embossing I used to do before the Big Shot came along!  

Supplies

Stamps:  Just Sayin' 
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, and Calypso Coral card stock, Sweet Sorbet DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallops Embossing Folder, Angled Tag Topper Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Pearls Basic Jewels, Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment