Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Lizard

My daughter's friend had a birthday this weekend, and she's really into fur-less critters of all kinds.  She has quite a collection, and I think the most beloved is her lizard.  I knew her birthday card had to have a lizard on it, and fortunately, I actually have a lizard stamp!  Long, long ago, Stampin' Up! sold a stamp set called Southwest.  I dug it out and used the lizard for her card.  Since hers is yellow and orange, I wanted to use those colors, and the Sweater Weather DSP was the perfect choice.  I also thought it would be funny to have the lizard saying "Happy Birthday" so I used the Word Bubbles Framelits.  It's a very simple card, but it makes me smile, because I'm pretty sure it made a very special girl smile, too.

Supplies

Stamps:  Southwest, A Little Birthday Cheer
Ink:  Chocolate Chip and Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Markers, Crushed Curry Ink Pad
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, and Whisper White card stock, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Word Bubbles Framelits

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Neat how Sweater Weather can work for a card not intended to be for Fall.

    ReplyDelete