Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Cards


So last week I took a little blogging break.  It wasn't intentional, but definitely necessary.  Last week was insane, and my stress levels were through the roof.  So hopefully you'll forgive me for not posting...I just didn't have the time or creativity to come up with any projects to post.

This week I'll have a couple of non-card projects to show you.  Today is a simple, hand-stamped place card.  Since this one features a woodsy look in fall colors, it's perfect for Thanksgiving.  And if I were going to host Thanksgiving dinner, I'd probably consider putting these on the table.  OK, that's a total lie, because as an introvert, finding out that I have to sit next to someone other than my husband is terrifying to me.  Since I hate being assigned a seat, there's no way I'd do that to someone else.  However, there are definitely situations where place cards are appropriate, and maybe Thanksgiving is that time for you and your guests. 

Tips & Tricks

  • You don't always have to use a background stamp in the vertical position.  For this card, I turned the Woodgrain background stamp so the grain is actually going across my card, instead of up and down.  I much prefer it this way!
  • Let's talk about alphabet stamps...I give you permission to NOT line up your letters perfectly when spelling out a name or word.  In fact, I was trying to keep this casual and didn't want the letters to look perfect.  The haphazard placement of the letters in my name give it a relaxed, hand-made look, which is exactly what I wanted.

Supplies

Stamps:  Woodgrain, Gently Falling, Classic Alphabet (retired)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, and Crushed Curry 
Paper:  Soft Suede and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  paper snips, brayer

No comments:

Post a Comment