Friday, November 22, 2013

Prince of Peace Single Stamp Christmas Ornament

Despite the fact that I'm not at all in a hurry for Christmastime to arrive, I can't seem to help making Christmas projects.  Today I have a simple, yet very elegant ornament, that could also double as a gift tag.  In fact, that's what I'm planning to do with this one!


Tips & Tricks

  • Who doesn't love embossing?  I know I love it!  I actually tried making this with glitter instead of embossing powder, but it was just too much.  Let the simple elegance of the silver embossing powder shine on this project by making sure you've cleaned off all stray flecks before whipping out your heat tool.  This is an especially important step when embossing on a dark color as I have here with Night of Navy.
  • Chipboard is my new favorite element, but Framelits don't quite cut all the way through, especially if you've adhered Silver Glimmer Paper to it first!  A quick trim with your Paper Snips will clean up the edges and make your project look flawless. 
Every year my sister-in-law asks me to bring supplies to make a craft or ornament on Thanksgiving.  And every year I dutifully drag my supplies to her house, only to have them sit untouched the entire afternoon.  We'll have a smaller crowd this year, so I'm hoping that we'll actually get to make the ornament, and this is the one we'll be making.  Or at least the one I'll take supplies to make.

Supplies

Stamps:  Prince of Peace Single Stamp
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Chipboard, Silver Glimmer Paper, Night of Navy card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Deco Labels Framelits, Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, Rhinestones Basic Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment