Monday, November 25, 2013

Gently Falling Woodgrain Card

Yay!  It's Thanksgiving week!  I do love Thanksgiving, a holiday I've really only come to appreciate as an adult.  But I'll confess that I'm excited about this week for other reasons.  As I may have mentioned in the past, I homeschool my kids, and one of the very best things about that is the ability to set our own schedule.  And because we can do that, we take the entire month of December off from formal schooling (but we're always learning, because that's how life works!)  Since Thanksgiving falls so late this year, it actually marks the beginning of our break.  We've been working our tails off to get finished up before Wednesday, and it looks like once we finish up a few things today, we can start our fabulous, gigantic Christmas break!  That is what I am especially thankful for today!

So let's focus on this card for a moment, shall we?  I love the woodgrain stamp in the Truly Grateful set.  I also realized that with a little bit of help from my Stamp-a-ma-jig, it fits well with the large tag in the Chalk Talk Framelits.  That was a very exciting discovery!  And you all know how much I love woodgrain and leaves together.  I won't bore you with my gushing about that again.

Tips & Tricks

  • In order to make an embossed image pop a bit more, simply sponge a bit of ink lightly over the raised parts.  It makes a world of difference!
  • When using the leaves from Gently Falling, I always stamp off the background stamp (not the outline one).  I'm always a lot happier with the final product if I do that.  Try it out and see what you think!

Supplies:

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Truly Grateful
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze, and Crushed Curry Classic Ink
Paper:  Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Naturals Ivory card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Chalk Talk Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits, Linen Thread, Sponge

Linking up to the Fab Friday Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome Christmas break! I hope you enjoy your time off together. This is a pretty card! I love the backgrounds you've made. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of the embossed panel with the stamped background on the tag. They work so nicely together on your pretty fall card. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall card! Love the combo of the woodgrain embossing and the woodgrain stamp...it's a winner! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday...enjoy your Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete