Friday, November 8, 2013

Home Decor Using My Digital Studio AND Stamps!





No matter how hard I tried, I could NOT get a good picture of this project.  That probably has something to do with the fact that I was taking pictures at night instead of during the day.  But I knew that if it didn't happen last night, it wouldn't happen at all today, and I really wanted to make sure I posted this today!

This is a cool hybrid project that uses My Digital Studio AND stamps and ink.  I know I've already mentioned that I love the Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper, and sadly, it's retired.  I especially love it with the Day of Gratitude stamps.  What's a girl to do when she's out of her favorite paper?  MDS to the rescue!  I use the Autumn Spice download, and created a single scrapbook page with it.  I selected the striped paper you see here as the background for my page.  I then typed the text of Psalm 100 and centered it on the page.  I did have to take into account that my frame is an 8x10, while the page is 8-1/2 x 11.  That's nothing a little trimming can't fix.  At that point, I was done, and printed out my page onto Whisper White card stock.

Next I just went crazy stamping lots and lots of leaves in my favorite fall colors.  I resurrected More Mustard for this one, and was reminded just how much I miss that color.  I'm sorry, but as lovely as Crushed Curry is, it's no replacement for the perfect fall yellow. 

And if you're wondering if I cut all those leaves out, the answer is yes, yes I did.  And my hand still hurts.  I tied a few scraps of ribbon around the frame (TIP:  tie the ribbon loosely so there's room for the glass and backing to fit in the space!)  Then I used my sanding block to rough up the frame a bit.  It had been a hideous blue and unfortunately the only black paint I had was some high gloss spray paint.  It needed some distressing to tone down that shine!  And that was it.  It's now sitting on my piano and I love it.  It really adds some pizazz to that area of my home this Thanksgiving season.

Supplies

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude (retired) 
Ink:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard (retired...boo), Old Olive, and Soft Suede
Paper:  Whisper White and Very Vanilla Card Stock
Accessories:  PAPER SNIPS.  Ok, and some retired ribbon and the MDS download, Autumn Spice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment