Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stampin' Up! Regional Projects (Part 1)


 This past weekend I attended one of Stampin' Up!'s Regional events in Baltimore.  Aside from the very early morning, it was a great time.  I love these Regionals, because it's one day of learning from the pros.  We get to see demonstrations from Stampin' Up! employees, plus local demonstrators.  We also get to stamp, which of course, is the best part.  This is one of the projects we made on Saturday.  This card uses the Clockworks stamps set.  That's not a set I've ever been interested in, but I actually enjoyed using it on our projects.  Which is yet another reason why I enjoy these events so much...they get me to use things I might not otherwise ever touch.

This card shows off the simple technique of stenciling with an ink pad and a sponge dauber.  We punched out circles from a piece of card stock.  I did mine in a straight line, others did theirs in a random pattern.  They both looked great.  Since the piece of card stock was slightly smaller than the piece we were stenciling on, we were able to make a bit of a border with the Gumball Green ink.  Stenciling gives a great texture to the card, and it's such an easy technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment