Thursday, April 11, 2013

Button Buddies Banners

So now that the news of the Color Refresh has had some time to sink in, are you feeling sad about losing any of them?  I'm mostly excited about the new colors, but I'll definitely miss More Mustard.  That was one of my all time top three favorite colors, so that's a hard one for me.  But I was able to order some card stock and ink refill, so I'm all set.  And I know that as soon as I see all the new colors arranged in their new homes, I'll forget all about the colors we're losing (OK, except for More Mustard!)

But since we do have to say goodbye to some colors, I thought it would be a good idea to use them!  I have lots of Bashful Blue, which I honestly haven't used much recently (and apparently, neither has anyone else!)  It's great for baby cards, but that's generally all I use it for.  I remembered a few years ago there was a great Designer Series Paper package that used Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Old Olive.  And one of the prints had cherries on it.  It was a favorite of mine, and if truth be told, I still have a pack and a half in my stash.  So that was the inspiration for this card.  See, it's good for things other than baby cards!

Stamps:  Button Buddies (122735), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink:  Old Olive (126953)
Paper:  Bashful Blue (105120), Old Olive (100702), Real Red (102482), and Whisper White (100730) card stock, Polka Dot Parade DSP (126902)
Accessories:  Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (117335), 3/16" Corner Punch (119871), Brights Designer Buttons (119747) 

No comments:

Post a Comment