Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nifty Notebook

Happy New Year!  I'm a little later saying that than I had planned to be.  After we got home from our unexpected trip, I got sick.  Really sick.  I rarely get sick, and rarely get the flu, but I got hit hard on New Year's Day.  Ugh.  Not fun.  I'm glad to be feeling much better now, and hopefully no one else in my family will get it!

I thought I'd share this fun little notebook that I made for my friend for her birthday.  We both turned 40 in December, and have had a great time celebrating.  We took an overnight trip to our alma matter this past weekend, staying in the guest house on campus.  It was great, since the students hadn't returned, and the campus was empty.  We had lovely weather and got to do lots of relaxing.  It was a fun way to celebrate and a great way to start a new year.

Anyway, I used a clear case from Stampin' Up! and decorated it with Designer Series Paper.  This paper is OLD, so it's no longer available, but from all my paper, this is the one that I thought best fit her.  I didn't have a single piece of purple DSP, which really would have been ideal, but I like the funky little flowers, and I think they are fitting for her.  I put a fun little monogram on the front to personalize it.
The inside is simple, with a small notepad, a pen, and a little envelope for any receipts or random items she may want to hang onto.  This was an easy and fun project to make, and I think that I'll be making more in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment