Monday, January 21, 2013

Madison Avenue

Don't you just love Sale-a-bration time?  I DO!!!!  And it starts tomorrow!  I have an order just waiting for tomorrow. :)  But I was able to pre-order some of the sets, and decided on the Madison Avenue stamp set.  I thought it went well with the Alhambra jumbo wheel from the 2012-2013 Catalog, and I've been wanting to use that on a card, so this was the perfect excuse.  Not that I need an excuse, right?  I also really like the color combination of Island Indigo, Pool Party, and Calypso Coral in the International Bazaar Designer Series Paper.  I don't think that I would have chosen these colors on my own, but that's one of the things I love about Stampin' Up!...they've done the thinking for me. :)   But my favorite part of this card is the sponging around the edge of the top piece of Island Indigo.  It just makes that layer pop, and I love it.

Stamps:  Madison Avenue, Alhambra jumbo wheel
Ink:  Island Indigo Classic Ink Pad
Paper:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, and Whisper White card stock, and International Bazaar DSP
Accessories:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches, pearls, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment