Monday, January 14, 2013

Swap Card

This past week I was in Orlando at Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Conference.  I've never gone to a big SU! event, so this was a first for me.  One of the highlights for many people at SU! events is to swap card fronts.  It's just the front of a card that you can trade with other demonstrators, in order to get new ideas.  This is the card I took to swap, and while some people make hundreds of swaps, I stuck with just 20.  I'm sure it would have been great fun to swap every day I was there, but what do I need with a million card fronts? :)  Check back later in the week, because I'll be posting the swaps I received.

My card uses the new Honeycomb Embossing Folder, which is super-trendy right now.  I love it!  When paired with the Core'dinations Card Stock and a sanding block, the result is amazing.  I love how the lighter shade of brown shows through after it's been embossed and lightly sanded.  I used a couple of strips of Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper at the bottom, and stamped one of my all time favorites, the flowers from Just Believe.  I punched that with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and sponged the edges.  The final details include the sentiment banner, and a little ribbon from behind the flowers.  This card was simple, yet doesn't look like it was!

Editing to add that I was positive that the Early Espresso Core'dinations had carried over to the Spring Catalog, but guess what...that's right, it didn't.  It's a good thing I didn't make more of these!  My apologies to any demonstrators out there who received a card with retired product on it!

Stamps:  Just Believe
Ink:  Crumb Cake and Summer Starfruit markers, Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper:  Early Espresso Core'dinations, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla Card Stock
Accessories:  Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Banners Framelits, sanding block

No comments:

Post a Comment