Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh, Hello!

The Oh, Hello set was one that I received at Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Conference.  And honestly, I wasn't sure I would really use it that much.  At first glance, it's not really my style.  Or so I thought.  I have to say, my style has definitely changed over the past couple of years.  I've always been drawn to the bold images rather than line art that requires watercoloring.  And I don't tend to like ornate things.  Or vintage.  Except that now I sort of do.  I think that after fighting the vintage craze for a couple of years, I've finally started to embrace it.  I'm pretty sure that the crochet trim has helped...how can you not love a style that uses that gorgeous trim?  I LOVE that stuff!

So, the card.  I stamped the large oval image with Soft Suede ink onto Crumb Cake card stock.  I'd love to tell you that I cut it out with my new oval Framelits, but I'd be lying.  They are on a truck somewhere between Utah and Pennsylvania right now.  But let's just pretend that I cut it out with the Framelits, shall we?  Because I most definitely would have, had they been in my possession.  I roughed up the edge with the new Stampin' Distress Tool...what a fabulous new toy!  I did the same thing on the smaller oval.  So fun!  I sponged Soft Suede ink all over this card...not just the base, but on each of the layers.  It adds a bit of dimension, which I think is a must.  Some pearls, linen thread, and of course, my favorite crochet trim add the final touch.

Just a word about the images down the side of the card...the image has been repeated five times.  I highly recommend getting this set in wood mount, as using the Stamp-a-ma-jig is most definitely necessary.  I find that much easier to use with wood mount stamps rather than clear mount.  

Stamps:  Oh, Hello (130730)
Ink:  Soft Suede (126978), Crumb Cake (126975), and Marina Mist (126962) Classic Ink Pads, Marina Mist (119679), So Saffron, Crumb Cake (120967), and Old Olive (100079) Stampin' Around Markers
Paper:  Naturals Ivory (101849), So Saffron ( ), and Crumb Cake (120953) card stock
Accessories:  Linen Thread (104199), Crochet Trim (118481), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), Extra-Large Oval Punch (119859), Bitty Banners Framelits (129267), Big Shot (113439), Stampin' Distress Tool (127562), Stampin' Sponge (101610) Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Ovals Collection Framelits (129381)

No comments:

Post a Comment