Friday, July 20, 2012

Sneak Peak!

My box of goodies from the new Holiday Seasonal Catalog arrived last week, and I FINALLY had time to play with my new toys.  I love the new set, Perfectly Preserved.  How cute is that canning jar?  I love this set so much because I grew up in a house where canning was just a normal part of life.  We had a great big garden, and canned all kinds of stuff.  I also always loved going into my grandparents' basement and looking at all the rows and rows of jars full of all kinds of colorful foods.  Although I'll confess that the jars of meat were kind of gross.  Anyway, I can everything I can now, which really isn't that much, considering I don't have the space for a garden.  But my own basement shelves are lined with jams, applesauce, and fruit.  Yum!

One of the things I love most about this set is the set of coordinating Framelits!  It makes cutting out the stamped images a snap.  Can you spy the other new items I used on this card?  That piece of Early Espresso...I embossed it with the new wood grain embossing folder!  I can't even tell you how happy I am that this exists.  I have wanted Stampin' Up! to come out with this for so long!  I think that every single card I make now will use it. :)  Oh, and one more thing to make this woodsy girl happy...the plaid paper from the Orchard Harvest DSP.  I. love. plaid.  (Um, what don't I love when it comes to SU!)  Oh, and one more new thing...the cotton ribbon!  You can even stamp on it!  I haven't done that yet, but don't worry, I will!

Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  VersaMark, Island Indigo and Early Espresso Classic Ink 
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla card stock, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Cannery Set Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, 7/8" Cotton Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment