Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas in July

I've been holding out on the Christmas cards, because I just can't bring myself to start thinking about winter just yet.  I have no problem making fall cards any time of the year, but Christmas...it's a bit of a stretch.  But I finally caved and made a couple of Christmas cards.  This one is very candy caney.  Not a word, I know.  But the red and white (well, vanilla, actually) and all the stripes scream candy canes.  Once again, I used retired product (shame on me!)  The striped paper is from last year's Christmas DSP, but it's so similar to one of the papers in the Be of Good Cheer DSP pack that's on it's way to my house right now.  I actually think the newer striped paper is going to look better, because there's a bit of green in it, and this card needs a third color.  I embossed the red in the background with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The ribbon is more of the 1/4" grosgrain from my vast stash. :)  The candy cane is from the Scentsational Season stamp set...it is ADORABLE!  And, much to my delight, it has a coordinating Framelits set!  I love my Framelits!  I embossed it with the new Peppermint Sticks scented embossing powder.  It's smells fantastic!  The piece of Naturals Ivory card stock behind it was cut out with the Window Frames Framelits and then embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it some sparkle.  Fun!

Stamps:  Scentsational Season, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  VersaMark, Real Red Classic Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla, and Real Red card stock, Be of Good Cheer DSP (not shown, but it makes a great substitution!)
Accessories:  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Window Frames Framelits, Holiday Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (Very Vanilla and Real Red, both retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment