Friday, July 27, 2012

Hot Chocolate, Anyone?

OK, I know.  I used more retired DSP on this card.  I desperately wanted to use plaid on this card (remember how I love plaid?)  but I don't have the Festival of Prints DSP pack.  That somehow got left off my last order, but I will quickly remedy that with my next one!  So, even though I'm using a plaid from last year's Frostwood Lodge DSP, it is easily substituted with the plaid in Festival of Prints (which is only $6.95!!!!)

Aside from my beloved plaid, this card uses my newest favorite, the Woodgrain embossing folder.  You'll notice that the woodgrain really stands out on the Cherry Cobbler.  It's because I used the new Core'dinations card stock.  Simply run it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and you normally would, but when it comes out, whip out your sanding blocks and sand off a bit of the top layer.  The inside is a lighter color and makes the textured design pop.  I can't wait to get this in the other colors!

The mug and steam both come from Scentsational Seasons, and are embossed with the Peppermint Sticks embossing powder.  I'm not a coffee drinker...that's peppermint hot chocolate in that mug, folks. :)  The sentiment is stamped right on the cotton ribbon...doesn't it look great on that?  I love how easy it is to stamp on this ribbon.  And then a bit of Early Espresso baker's twine completes the card.

Stamps:  Scentsational Season, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Timber Wheel
Ink:  Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink, VersaMark
Paper:  Naturals White, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations card stock, Festival of Prints DSP (not shown, but makes a great replacement!)
Accessories:  Woodgrain Embossing Folder, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, 7/8" Cotton Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment