Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

I love July 4th.  I used to be a history teacher, so the historian in me loves the fact that it's our country's birthday.  But mostly I love the fireworks.  I always loved going to see fireworks as a kid...we always sat in the same place, across from my favorite bakery.  Now I live in another state, but we still go to see fireworks every year.  We park in a big field at the park where they set off the fireworks, so they are exploding right over our heads.  We sit on a blanket and play games until the fireworks start, and there is always a really bad cover band playing. 

But you want to see a card, not hear about all my July 4th traditions, right?  Here you go...This was another super easy card.  I used the star from Every Little Bit.  It's a fun set with lots of little images and there is something for every occassion.  For the stripes, I inked the stripes embossing folder with Real Red ink and ran it through my Big Shot.  Instant flag.  I did use a couple of retired items, like the red ribbon, and the sentiment.  It's the only thing I have that's 4th of July-related, so I went with it. 

Stamps:  Every Little Bit, July Fourth (retired)
Ink:  Real Red and Night of Navy Classic ink pads, Whisper White craft ink
Paper:  Naturals White, Real Red, and Night of Navy card stock
Accessories:  Real Red satin ribbon, Stripes embossing folder, Brights Buttons, White Baker's Twine, paper snips, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch






No comments:

Post a Comment