Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July Club Cards (Part 2)

This was the second card we made at club this month.  This card is also a lesson in how not to make a card five minutes before club starts.  I had ordered the exclusive set, A Reason to Smile, specifically to use at club.  The July 4th holiday got in the way, though, and when I received my shipping confirmation, UPS was telling me that my order would arrive the day after club.  I was so upset, because this set is only available during the month of July, and I wouldn't have another chance to use this at club.  Did I mention I was upset?  On the day of club, I checked the status of my package, only to discover that it was out for delivery!  I was so excited (talk about a mood swing!)  I was out in the morning, but was looking forward to coming home, picking up my box at my front door, and creating a new card for club.  Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.  My UPS deliveries are ALWAYS at my house by 2:00, and of course, the one time that I desperately wanted it to arrive by then, it was late.  It didn't come until around 5:30.  I have to leave my house for club at 6:15.  I only had 45 minutes to throw together a card, cut all the paper for my club members, and pack up my supplies.  Somehow I did it.  I didn't even leave any supplies at home and have to call my husband (like I normally do!) 

However, in my hurry to get this card made, I was sloppy, and I really wish I had had more time to play.  I completely CASED this card, changing very little from the original.  And those sunflowers...ick.  That top one is the perfect example of how not to use the new firm foam ink pads.  It's a little blotchy, and nothing is even close to being lined up.  I could pretend it's supposed to be that way (and it sort of is...these stamps are not meant to line up perfectly), but I could have done a better job.  Oh well...it's a five minute card, especially since I only had time to make one sample at home, and this one was made as my club members were arriving!

Stamps:  A Reason to Smile, Petite Pairs
Ink:  More Mustard, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Paper: Early Espresso, So Saffron, Garden Green, More Mustard, and Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Oval Scallop Punch, Small Scallop Punch, More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment