Friday, June 22, 2012

Pretty Buttlerflies

One of the sets I got during Sale-a-Bration was Kindness Matters.  I'm not sure how I passed by it so many times, and I'm stunned that it didn't retire.  These little butterflies are perfect for watercoloring, so I got out my aquapainters and went to town.  I used Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, and Elegant Eggplant for the butterflies, and added in some Always Artichoke on the flowers.  I kind of wish I had worked in some Elegant Eggplant card stock somewhere...I think that one extra color is what this card is missing.  And I should have sponged over the embossed flowers a bit, too (and yes, that's a retired embossing folder I used here...oops!)  Can you tell I'm not crazy about this card?  I think it has potential, but it just missed the mark.  I might have to try again on this one, but I at least wanted to share it!

Stamps:  Kindness Matters, Apothecary Art
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink, Staz-On Black Ink, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake, and Always Artichoke Classic Ink Pads
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Aquapainters, Stampin' Dimensionals, Crumb Cake and Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearls, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment