Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

This is the perfect card to send to my dad, because I really think he's the best!  Of course I also think that my husband is an amazing father, but since he's not my dad, I'm not giving him this card :)  Seriously, though, I am incredibly thankful for my dad.  He has set such an example of love and commitment, especially in circumstances where most people wouldn't have.  He's always been so proud of his kids, and wasn't afraid to let us or anyone else know it (he's screamed "That's my kid!!!!!" from the sidelines on more than one occasion!)  Growing up, my friends always used to tell me how cool my dad was.  I don't know about cool, but he was, and still is, pretty great.

On to the card...another super-simple one, and this time, it features one of the new In Colors, Midnight Muse.  I crumpled up that piece of card stock, smoothed it out, and adhered it to the front of my card, after I sponged the edges of the base with a bit of soft suede ink.  I carried the distressed look to the piece of soft suede, which was the recipient of the scissors distressing method I used on the card in the last post.  The hardest part of this card was cutting out the ties!

Stamps:  Best Dad Ever
Ink:  Midnight Muse, River Rock, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, and Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pads, VersaMark
Paper:  Naturals White, Midnight Muse, and Soft Suede card stock
Accessories:  linen thread, sponge, clear embossing powder and heat tool (it's hard to see, but the River Rock tie has been embossed)


No comments:

Post a Comment