Sunday, June 24, 2012

Medallion Birthday

OK, I'm not going to lie, I don't like this card.  There's a lot going on here, and it kind of hurts my eyes to look at it.  But I'm putting it up here because it's important to know that even demonstrators can't always make great cards.  I don't hate it, I just think it's a little busy.  And if you like it, great!

What I do like, though, is the Daydream Medallions set and the coordinating Floral Frames Framelits.  Oh, and the Daydream jumbo wheel, which also coordinates.  Coordinating products get me every time.  I love things that match.  It's the Type A in me I guess.  So because everything works together, this card was pretty easy to put together.  I stamped each layer of the flower, then cut it out with my Big Shot and the Framelits.  The solid color layers are the same size as the Very Vanilla layer on top of each of them.  Does that make sense?  I clear embossed the wheel image across the bottom...don't look too closely, because my clear embossing powder has all kinds of different colors mixed in.  It's got a bit of a speckled look going on.  I also added lots and lots of little pearls to finish it off.

Stamps:  Daydream Medallions, Itty Bitty Banners, Daydream Jumbo Wheel
Ink: VersaMark, More Mustard, Night of Navy, and Cajun Craze Classic Ink
Paper:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Floral Frames and Bitty Banners Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment