Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spice Cake Stamped and Stitched

Welcome!  For my first post, I have to have something stamped, AND something stitched, right?  First, the stamped...I absolutely fell in love with the Spice Cake DSP.  I love the colors and the patterns, and even though it comes as no surprise, I'm still sad it's retiring on May 31.  This is a super easy card that uses two different patterns from the Spice Cake DSP, and is topped with a double layered Triple Treat Flower, another retiring stamp.  I'm really sad about that.  I love that little flower and the two punches that match it.
And now for the stitched...more Spice Cake!  I made this purse with the Spice Cake Designer Fabric, which is NOT retiring!  I'm so excited, because I love this fabric and can definitely use it for many other projects.  The buttons are some old (and already retired) Stampin' Up buttons in Soft Suede.  They were a perfect match, so I had to use them.  I used this pattern, and it was easy to put together.  However, this bag is HUGE.  It really is more of a bag than a purse.  So if you decide to make it, be sure to check the dimensions first. :)

I'll be posting more cards using retiring items, as well as some sneak peaks from the new catalog, which comes out on June 1.  It's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment