Monday, May 21, 2012

More Spice Cake

Yeah, did I mention how much I love the Spice Cake DSP and how sad I am to say goodbye to it?  Here are a couple more Spice Cake cards, this time little square ones.  I've been in a rut lately with my cards all seeming to be the same, so I mixed it up and changed the shape and the size.




This card is loaded with retiring products, not just DSP.  The card itself is Soft Suede card stock, cut to 4"x8" and scored down the middle.  The DSP is, of course, Spice Cake.  I simply used a More Mustard marker to color the Thinking of You part of one of the stamps from the Thoughts and Prayers set.  I wanted that white piece of the card to be simple, since there's so much going on around it.  I cut out a square of the same paper I had used on the top part of the card, mounted it on a slightly bigger piece of Soft Suede card stock, and then topped that with a beveled window (the smallest size).  These are retiring, and I'm a little sad, because I never used them as much as I had planned to.  I have this hoarding problem when it comes to pretty things like that.  I save them for the perfect project, and then never seem to use them.  Anyway, I tied it to the card using the More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (also retiring).  The little flower at the top was punched with the Boho Blossoms punch using the two smallest flowers, and then put together with an old (already retired) eyelet.  But you could easily just use a brad.  I won't allow myself to buy brads until I've used up my endless stash of eyelets.  I loved eyelets and have them in every. single. color.  And probably will forever.  There are that many of them.




This is a completely different card, but made with the same DSP.  I love how versatile our packs of Designer Series Paper are...there are so many different designs in each package.  This one uses the striped paper, and looks a little more masculine.   This is a very easy card...just some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon wrapped around (in both the retired 5/8" and the retiring 1/4"), both scallop punches to punch some Soft Suede and More Mustard, as well as a circle from Circle Circus stamped in More Mustard and punched with a circle punch.  The little banner at the bottom is from the soon-to-be-available Bitty Banners Framelits, and stamped with a Father's Day sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

There you go...two quick and easy square cards using my beloved Spice Cake DSP!

No comments:

Post a Comment