Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Old and New

Here's a bright, fun card using the retiring set, Always Elegant.  I've always thought that it matched the Elegant Lines embossing folder so well, which is why I used them together!




This card features the combination of Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive.  I simply ran the Pacific Point card stock through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder, and used the crimper on the little strip of Tempting Turquoise.  I'm sad that the crimper is retiring...I like to use it to give a bit of texture to little pieces like that one.  I tied a piece of whisper white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the crimped piece...the ribbon is retiring, too!  I used Staz-On black in to stamp the image on Whisper White card stock.  That's important, because the black won't run when watercoloring.  I dipped the tip of my aquapainter into the ink from the top of my ink pads to color in parts of the image, and then added some rhinestones to a couple of spots.  They're hard to see in the picture, but I promise they're there!  Oh, and those little tags...I stamped them with the Tiny Tags set and punched them with the Jewelry Tag punch, then poked a hole with my paper piercing tool. 


And now for some new stuff!  This card has a fun color combination, which I pulled from the Floral District DSP.  It, and the bird from Betsy's Blossoms, are both mounted on Daffodil Delight card stock.  I also used a piece behind the strip of Tangerine Tango, both of which I punched with the scallop edge punch and then pierce with my paper piercing tool (did you know there's a brand new one coming out in the new catalog?  The mat is bigger and there are templates that match some of the new Framelits...so exciting!)  Back to the card...I rounded the corners on the DSP and bird pieces, then added some brand new Daffodil Delight 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon...it's such cute stuff!  I also sponged the edges of the bird and added a little bit of white baker's twine to a button before popping it on as a final touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment