Thursday, August 21, 2014

Toughts & Prayers Background Technique

I had a request for a card using the sponging technique with a silhouette image, and this is what I came up with.  I don't have a lot of current images that fit the silhouette category, but the tree from Thoughts & Prayers works perfectly for this technique.

I embossed the tree using Early Espresso embossing powder.  I stamped the tree first, rather than sponging first.  I like to do it this way so that the tree is placed where I want it, and I can sponge around it and work the "ground" around the base of the tree.

For the sponging, I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and Baked Brown Sugar.  I simply dabbed and rubbed the sponge around the card, beginning with the brown for the ground.  Next I used Pumpkin Pie at the top, and worked my way down.  I filled in with Crushed Curry and just blended the two together.  For the tag, I stamped right on a piece of cotton ribbon.  That's it!  Such an easy card, but the bright sunset makes it look like it took a lot more time than it did!

Supplies
Stamps:  Thoughts & Prayers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, and Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink, VersaMark
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Sponge, cotton ribbon, Heat Tool, Early Espresso embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment