Thursday, August 28, 2014

Flower Patch Card in a Box

If you follow my blog, then you've probably realized that I really, really like the Flower Patch stamp set from the annual catalog.  I tend to use it a LOT.  It's just a fun set, and the possibilities are endless.  It's also the perfect set to use for a card in a box. 

I wanted to make a special card for a friend of mine.  She does so much for our homeschool community in general, as well as some other things specific to my family.  I don't really know how she has time for it all...we joke that she has 36 hours in her days!  But a card in a box definitely qualifies as special, and I modified it a bit to allow for two people to write a message on the back.  Typically when making a card in a box, the back panel is where the message would go.  I added a flap over that so that it actually opens like a card, and then both I and another friend were each able to have a panel's worth of space for writing our message of thanks.

I used the retired Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper for the flaps of the box.  You know a card is special when I give up any of my gingham or plaid DSP!  But it suits this card so well, and really was perfect for it.  I used my Flower Fair Framelits to cut out the various flowers, then whipped out my Fringe Scissors to cut some grass for the flowers to peek out of.  I love how it turned out! 

Oh, and since I went a little crazy with the flowers, they ended up sticking out of the sides when the card was folded up.  Did I worry about it fitting in to an envelope?  Of course not!  I got out my envelope punch board and made a custom envelope to fit this card.

Supplies
Stamps:  Flower Patch
Ink:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Cantaloupe Crisp, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White card stock, (retired) Gingham Garden DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Flower Fair Framelits, Paper Snips, Fringe Scissors, Sticky Strip, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals, hot glue gun, hot glue, and Blendabilities markers

No comments:

Post a Comment