Thursday, August 7, 2014

Nuts About You Shadow Box Card

So I'm totally in love with the new hostess set, Nuts About You.  I almost never get hostess sets anymore, but this one was way too adorable to pass up.  I love the cute animals, the funky tree, and all the fun ways you can use the stamps together. 

Tips & Tricks

  • I've posted about shadow box cards before, (here and here), so check out those posts for directions and to see some other example of this easy-peasy card.
  • It's kind of hard to tell in a picture, but I cut the tree out by hand and then popped it up a bit using Stampin' Dimensionals.  It adds more interest when the image isn't flat on the card...you'll have to trust me on this one, since you don't have the card in your hand!
  • The grass in front was made with my handy-dandy fringe scissors, and layered on the front piece of the card.  I highly recommend using sticky strip for this part.  It just makes life so much easier than snail or glue would, although both of those option would work.
  • I think my favorite part of this card is the little "you & me" in a heart that looks like it's carved on the tree.  I'm pretty good at eye-balling things to line them up, but even I had trouble with this one.  It's most definitely a job for the Stamp-a-ma-jig!

Supplies
Stamps:  Nuts About You
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Smokely Slate, Basic Gray, Early Espresso, and Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Naturals White, Crumb Cake, and Garden Green card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Ovals Collection Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Fringe Scissors, Sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, and Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment