Friday, May 9, 2014

Gently Falling Thinking of You Card

Tonight I have some friends coming over to stamp, and this is one of the cards we'll be making.  I'm not sure why, but the colors are coming out kind of weird in the picture.  Ever since I rearranged my basement a few months ago, my pictures have been off.  I just haven't been able to recreate the lighting I had going on before, and I think that's why.  So in case you're wondering, that's Cajun Craze going across the middle of the card, not some crazy bright orange color!

Tips & Tricks
  • I'm so sad that Gently Falling is retiring.  I love a good leaf set, and this is a favorite.  When I'm using this set, I always stamp the outline first (although the order doesn't really matter), then, before stamping the background, I stamp off once on my grid paper.  It makes the outline pop and gives a softer look.
  • Another way to soften up any card is to sponge around the edges.  You'll see that I've done that twice here:  once on the Always Artichoke sentiment, and again on the tag.
  • And if you are wanting some soft texture, crumple up some paper!  That Cajun Craze piece was just crumpled up, then when I was happy with the way it looked, I smoothed it out with a bone folder and adhered it to the card.  So simple!

Now, in case you are looking at this card thinking everything on it is either retiring or already retired, I have wonderful news.  The Tag Topper Punches will be in the new catalog!  I am super excited about that, because I love them both! 

Supplies

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Sincere Salutations, Woodgrain
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Decorative Label Punch, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Linen Thread, Angled Tag Topper Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment