Thursday, May 15, 2014

Betsy's Blossoms Thank You Card

Um, whoops!  I completely forgot to post this card yesterday!   I love this card.  It's so simple to make.  I've always been someone who likes a lot of layers on a card (and I still do), but I've come to embrace the simple cards, too.  For someone like me, who loves lots of layers, it's a challenge to create simple cards, but I'm finding that it's getting easier to do.  I can't really take credit for this one, though.  I saw something similar somewhere online, so if I've CASEd your card, let me know so I can give credit where it's due!

Hey, speaking of simple cards, be sure to check back tomorrow.  I have a VERY simple card that not only shows a brand new stamp set, but a peek at the new In Colors for 2014-2016!

Tips & Tricks

  • This card uses the retiring Betsy's Blossoms stamp set.  And what I love is that it uses the same large flower stamp for all three flowers.  I simply punched them out using different sized circle punches.
  • If you look closely, you'll see that the "Thank You" is a little crooked.  Now, I'll confess that I used this picture because it doesn't look too bad.  But if you saw it straight on, you would wonder what was going on!  The way to avoid crooked stamping is to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  This handy tool helps align things perfectly!

Supplies

Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Thank You Kindly (retired)
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, and Pistachio Pudding
Paper:  Naturals White card stock
Accessories:  2 1/2", 1 3/8", and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment