Saturday, May 31, 2014

Endless Birthday Wishes

Today my baby turns 10.  TEN.  Yes, I'm having one of those moments when I wonder how a decade passed in the time it took me to blink.  I just can't believe she's ten, and before I know it, another decade will have gone by and she'll be an adult.  I could go down a very bad and weepy road, so instead I'll chose to be thankful for the ten wonderful years we've had with her so far, and continue to enjoy the laughter and smiles she brings to our home.  This kid is one of a kind, and I simply can't imagine my life without her in it. 

So for her birthday, I had to make my pink girl a pink card.  I thought it was so funny when she noticed the Strawberry Slush ribbon on my desk the other day and started gushing about how much she loved it.  I had already made this card, so I know she'll be thrilled to see a couple of pieces of it on her card.  And I'm just now noticing (after it's too late to do anything about it) that the ribbon seems to have moved a bit in the picture.  I should have used a bone folder to really adhere it to the sticky strip!  Oops!  

You might notice something new on this card...a new stamp set!  It's the Endless Birthday Wishes photopolymer set, and it's adorable!  The cake is great for watercoloring, and the words are in the fun handwriting style that you see on the tag.  The best part is that there are tons of different words that you can combine for any birthday greeting.  I think this one will sell out fast, so if you like the looks of it, grab it while you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment