Monday, May 12, 2014

Four Frames Thank You Card

Happy Monday, everyone!  I've been waiting for this week for a long time.  I've mentioned before that I homeschool my kids, and on Friday, we'll be done with our year!  Actually, we never really "finish", because I do make my kids do math all through the summer.  That may seem cruel, but I've just found that life is a lot easier in the fall if they haven't forgotten everything over the summer.  Anyway, we're all excited to wrap things up on Friday, so let's get the week started!

This card is one that we made on Friday night.  And yes, that's the long-retired Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (although if you click here, you can find it in my online store!)  I've used this layout before, but it's such a classic that I had to use it again on this card.

Tips & Tricks

  • This card would be perfectly fine had I just embossed it and put the paper on.  But sponging along the raised part of the embossing makes the image pop.  I used Crumb Cake ink to give it a soft, distressed look.
  • It would be great if there was a slightly larger Decorative Label punch to allow for layering.  Unfortunately, there's not, but I have a great trick to get around that problem.  Punch a second label from a different color, then just cut it in half the long way.  I snipped the little tips off the sides of that piece, and then just adhered the two pieces to the top and bottom.  It doesn't perfectly mat the label, but it sure comes close!

Supplies

Stamps:  Just Believe, Four Frames
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Paper:  Old Olive, Soft Sky, and Naturals White card stock, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot, Tulip Frame Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Sponge, Decorative Label Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment