Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Spiral Flower Burlap Wreath



I mentioned on Monday that I've been playing with the Spiral Flower Die, and as you can see, I've been busy!  This die makes creating felt roses a breeze.  They were so easy and they look beautiful!  I've also been playing around with making a burlap wreath, and I think I've decided I like this one.  I'm all about neutrals, and the larger flowers add just a bit of springtime pop.  Because this wreath is made of fabric, it could be hung on the outside of a door.  I may hang mine on the front of my house.

Tips & Tricks
  • Cut a few pieces of felt at once!  I fold my sheet of felt in half and run it through the Big Shot, but you could add at least one more layer of felt.
  • Jumbo Sticky Rounds are the key to easily making rolled fabric flowers.  I've seen some tutorials online that tell you to use glue, and that just seems so messy to me.  By tying a knot at the end of the strip of fabric, just roll around and around as your flower forms right on the Jumbo Sticky Round.  It is SO easy!
Supplies:

Spiral Flower Die, Big Shot, Jumbo Sticky Rounds, Beau Chateau Designer Fabric, burlap, 14" straw wreath, hot glue gun and glue

No comments:

Post a Comment