Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day Card in a Box

This is another project I've been wanting to make for a while.  It's a tad more complicated than the wreath I showed yesterday, but still very manageable.  I decided to use up the rest of the pack of Designer Series Paper I used for that project, since I had lots of little scraps along with the full sized sheets I used for the wreath.  I also used some retired paper (hello, Pretty in Pink!) and a retired stamp set.

Tips & Tricks

  • Use sticky strip!  I've see so many references online about using glue, and I just don't get it.  Why make a mess when a few little pieces of sticky strip will accomplish the same thing and it won't make a mess.
  • Stamps with coordinating punches or Framelits are perfect for this card, especially if you don't want to do a lot of fussy cutting.  The hearts were stamped and punched, and it made the making of this card much easier.  I've seen gorgeous samples of this type of card using the Background Basics stamp set and coordinating Framelits, and they were gorgeous!

I think this card has quite the wow factor, and I will definitely be making more in the future.  Next up will be a birthday version for my sister-in-law, who has a birthday coming up later this month. 

Stamps: Love You Much (retired)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla (retired), Real Red, and Old Olive
Paper: Real Red, Pretty in Pink (retired), Naturals Ivory
Accessories:  2 1/2" Circle Punch, Brights Buttons (retired), Whisper White Baker's Twine, Sticky Strip, Aquapainters, Heart to Heart punch (retired)

1 comment: