Friday, February 7, 2014

A Different Kind of Stitching...

I know it's not a card, but hey, this blog is called Stamped and Stitched, and it's generally pretty heavy on the stamped, while the stitched is almost non-existent.  A couple of weeks ago I finished this crocheted blanket.  I've been working on it since the summer.  In fact, I spent most of my days at the pool making what seemed like millions of granny squares.  All the kids would ask what I was making, and when I told them a blanket, they just looked at me like I had two heads.  I know they were all thinking "Duh, lady, how can you make a blanket out of all those little circles?"

I had to take several breaks because of inflammation in my elbow (yes, it's a crochet injury...bet you didn't know that was possible, did you?), so it took a lot longer than I had planned.  But I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it matches my living room perfectly.

I had some squares left over (because this was the first time I made granny squares and really had no idea what I was doing...I made way too many), so I turned them into this little lap blanket.  It's actually not that little...it's just the right size for my nine year old.

In case anyone is wondering, I used this pattern.  You'll have to have a Ravelry account and sign in to see it, though.   For the yarn, I used this in Chocolate, Taupe Heather, and Oatmeal.  I probably should have made sure my curtains were in the pictures so you could see how perfectly this matches.  But if you'd like to see it in person, you'll just have to come over and stamp with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment