Monday, February 24, 2014

Sweet Sorbet Card in a Box {Sale-a-Bration}

As you can see, I've been busy making another card in a box.  These are such fun cards to make, and truly are a gift to the recipient.  I think that all my good friends will be getting similar cards this year!  This one is for my sister-in-law, and I really, really hope she likes it.  One of the things that makes this type of card so much fun is that you can just go crazy loading it up with all kinds of images and elements.  There is a LOT going on here, but it just makes it more fun! 

Tips & Tricks
  • On the first card in a box I made, I used strips of card stock to mount the various images.  On this one, I used strips of a window sheet, and I like it much, much better.  It puts the focus on the images, as they are just kind of floating when the card is opened.
  • While I love to use Stampin' Up!'s watercolor paper for watercoloring, the color wasn't quite right for this card.  Did you know that you can still watercolor on Whisper White?  That's exactly what I used here.  Just be sure to stamp the image with StazOn ink before getting out your Aquapainters!

Supplies

Stamps:  Sketched Birthday
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Pool Part, Summer Starfruit, Pistachio Pudding, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet DSP, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, and Calypso Coral card stock
Accessories:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Scallop Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack, Window Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment