Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Christmas Bauble


Can I just say that it's killing me to post Christmas cards when it's still fall?  I can't stand how the minute Halloween is over, Christmas stuff is EVERYWHERE.  What ever happened to fall and Thanksgiving?  OK, so clearly this is a pet peeve of mine, but it does drive me nuts.  However, I have a pile of Christmas cards to show, and not a lot else, so that's what I'm posting! :)

This card uses the new single stamp Christmas Bauble.  I think it pairs so well with the Filigree Frame embossing folder.  I highlighted the embossed parts of this cute folder by using a sponge dauber and Pool Party ink.  It came out a little heavier on the ink than I had intended, and I loved seeing the variations different people did when making this at my Christmas card event.  Some went even heavier, and some very light.  I love that five people can make the same card and they will all have a unique element to it.  That's what creating is supposed to yield--a unique product that shows a little of the person creating it. 

The banners on the card are just pieces of three of the All Is Calm Designer Washi tapes, and I just snipped the ends to give them a more finished look.  The bauble is embossed in silver, then water colored.  See below for the exact colors I used.  It's kind of an unconventional color scheme for Christmas, but it's such a pretty combination.

Supplies
Stamps:  Christmas Bauble
Ink:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Smokey Slate, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Pool Party, Whisper White, and Naturals White card stock
Accessories:  Big Shot, Filigree Frame embossing folder, All Is Calm Designer Washi Tape, Sponge Dauber, Aquapainter, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Paper Snips (yes, that bauble is cut out by hand...no Framelits for this one!)

2 comments: