Thursday, November 6, 2014

Stitched Stocking Flip Card

I pulled out some retired items to make Christmas cards this year.  So many of my old stamps don't get a lot of use anymore, which is a shame, because I have so many, and I really like them all!  Stitched Stockings was a set that retired way to early, in my opinion.  It was great because the Stocking Builder Punch coordinated with it, making it so easy to punch out those little pieces for the heel, toe, and cuff of the stocking.  

For this card, I used it along with the Circle Card Thinlits, because really, who doesn't love a good flip card?  The white circle behind the stocking was embossed using the Argyle embossing folder.  I loved that it tied in perfectly with the argyle pattern on the stocking.  Argyle always makes me think of middle school, where there was a (very strict) dress code, and my friends and I wore knee socks every day.  It was always fun when we wore our argyle socks on the same day.  Oh, to be twelve again.  No, wait.  That would mean I'd have to be 13 and 14 again.  No thanks.  

Getting back to the card...I chose a pattern from the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack that looked like knitting.  I figured that it kind of went with the stocking theme.  The little strip across the bottom is embossed using the now retired Needlepoint Border embossing folders (another one that retired too quickly!)  The little "Merry Christmas" comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes, which is probably my most used stamp set.  If you're looking for a basic sentiment set that covers just about every occasion, this is it.  Let me know if you'd like to order it!

Supplies
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Stitched Stockings
Ink:  Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, and Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories:  Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlits, Needlepoint Border embossing folder, Argyle embossing folder, Stocking Builder Punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine,  2 1/2" Circle Punch


2 comments:

  1. An oldie but I a goodie!! I just went downstairs to my cabinets where my stamps are stored to "shop" for some Christmas stamps for my holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...this one went too fast. But I'm glad I still have it in my stash! :)

    ReplyDelete